Kerosene Vapor Phase Drying Equipment (VPD) For Big Power Transformer
KEROSENE VAPOR PHASE DRYING EQUIPMENT
Kerosene vapor phase drying equipment (KVPD) is mainly used for drying bodies for 110KV and more super high voltage transformer and reactors, etc. The basic principle is that: liquid kerosene is evaporated by heating. High temperature kerosene vapor go into the vacuum tank and attach the workpiece, it will condense and release latent heat of condensation (about 306.6KJ/KG), and the workpiece will be heated. Condensed kerosene will be collected and transmitted to the evaporator to be heat again. In this way, workpiece will be heated continuously to evaporate the water. Water vapor shall be exhausted under vacuum condition. In the end workpiece shall be complete dried.
- Kerosene vapor as heating media which can convective heat and release heat by condensing. The condensing will be more acute at lower temperature, so the workpiece temperature can be uniform
- After condensing the liquid kerosene will cover the surface of workpiece and exchange heat. So the heat efficiency is much high
- Due to saturation pressure of kerosene is far less than that of water but higher than transformer oil, kerosene can be evaporated quickly without effecting diffusion coefficient of water at high vacuum condition
- Heating is under vacuum without oxygen so the insulation materials will not be aged. At the same time the partial pressure of water vapor will be increased to 98000Pa, so the water evaporation will be faster
- Condensed kerosene is easily infiltrated into the workpiece to accelerate the thermal conductivity and to make deep temperature uniform
- Kerosene is a very good cleaning solvent. It can clean the workpiece. This is the special feature of KVPD. So KVPD is very suitable for transformer repairing.